1. Paying bills late
One of the biggest factors in determining your credit score is your past payment history. While one or two late payments on your credit cards, loans, or other important obligations over a long period of time may not significantly damage your credit record, making a habit (or mistake) of it can count against you.
2. Not paying the minimum amount required
3. Keeping Debt Levels Too High
4. Owning too many credit cards
5. Not alerting creditors if you’ve moved or changed names
6. Not periodically checking your credit report
7. Not using your full legal name in financial documents